Monday, March 27, 2006

Shipment Rejected!

The shipment from Woodmaster Tools came on Saturday morning via Walter shipping. The driver called me up early Saturday morning, asking for directions and was soon at the back door. When I stepped into the back of the truck, looking at the three boxes, two with holes still in them after a rough re-taping job and the third, the largest, with a big dent on one side . I picked up the medium size to only have a few broken items leak out into the floor of the delivery truck.

Who did they think they would deliver this to? That they could get away with a delivery of odd shaped boxes that where square at one time? That I wouldn't notice a massive amount of tape, wound up desperately in hopes that I wouldn't notice? Hah! I rejected the shipment and sent the driver on his way. The poor driver, who apologized, claimed not to see what was actually loaded back there. I had to reject the whole shipment, and called Woodmaster, who will be sending out a new unit in the next few days.

I ordered the 718 model a few weeks ago. A machine that will produce unlimited quantities of shiplap siding, crown moldings, victorian panels, chair rails, window and door casements, and pieces of cabinetry. After figuring in the cost of purchasing all these pre-made items, it turned out to cheaper to buy a machine, have custom knives made and wood stock blanks. It also has a good resale value if I where to part with it.

Next month should be exterior crown molding month!

1 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

You’re probably right with doing it yourself. I had it made because it didn’t seem I needed enough to justify the cost. I really didn’t need a whole lot so it may have worked out well for me, but I would love to be able to just run a piece when I need it. If I run short it can be expensive to have them just run another 6 foot piece. If I run 200 feet of casing they don’t charge me a set-up fee. If it’s only 6-feet there is a $125 set-up fee so it makes for a very expensive 6-foot piece of wood.

11:30 AM, March 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home