Sunday, May 14, 2006

Fireplace Demo

The majority of yesterday's time was spend tearing down the 'entertainment' center above the fire place. With its modern look of a lightly colored hardwood facade, sliding glass display case and the bulbous shiny brass hardware, would stick out as an eye sore in a restored Victorian.

I have a few more hours to go before the entire structure is disassembled, but so far I've recovered over 200 brass screws and depleated one of my 16.8V batteries on my cordless drill, where it no longer holds a charge. I've been as careful as I can, trying not to damage too much of the drywall.

But one thing is puzzling: the past owner who built this center, used a thin, high gloss backerboard, glued directly only onto the bump out sections of the drywall where the CO2 stack is positioned, and no where else. But this will be the only section of drywall that will require replacement. But I would really like to just remove this CO2 stack all together, and vent it out though the side of the house (like some fireplaces do). Has anyone tried this?

Before









After

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home