Saturday, May 20, 2006

Retaining Walls and Excavation

Demolition and excavation on the back retaining wall began this morning. It was leaning into the alley way about 15°, due to the heavy rains we had over the winter. It's a wall that I share with my neighbor, who is picked up the cost of her side of the wall and all the demolition on both sides. I'm unsure what I'll do with my side as of yet. I'd like to have the 5' retaining walls in my backyard repoured as well as a new two car slab, to replace the 1.5 car slab. (The old walls where once part of a garage, which was there some 30 odd years ago). But the cost is close to $9,000, for about 55' x 5' walls of concrete (from Emerald Concrete).

The guys who are doing the work today, gave me a bid of $3,000 (for only 3' section) on my side of the property. I seems a bit much, from the perspectice of the Emerald bid, so I'll pass.

Here are some action shots of today:





















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home